September 20, 2011

Rose Toast

Shame on me - I haven't written a post in such a long time. Even more shameful is that work is what's been getting in the way! I'm sorry to say that it's going to be like this for at least the next few weeks.

But, I managed to find another new item at the 85°C bakery in Kingsford - it's called Rose Toast. It's described as "soft chocolate cake with rose bun and cheese filling" and it costs $3.00 for a small half-loaf. It's a strange combination but it works, the addition of rose and cheese make the chocolate cake a lot more interesting. The flavours are distinct yet subtle enough that you can't stop at one slice... ok, I guess I'm talking about me! My only question? It doesn't seem like it's meant to be toasted, so why is it called a toast? Has anybody ever toasted cake?

This toast by any other name would taste as sweet. 


Hope all of you have been well... I will be back to posting regularly as soon as I can. Until then, happy eating!

What: Rose Toast
Where: 85°C bakery (I got mine from the Kingsford cafe)
How much: $3.00

No comments:

Post a Comment