February 3, 2012

Jack Snacks!... Meiji Rich Maccha Chocolate

Happy Friday everyone! It's been a couple of months since I got back from Japan (and many posts still be written up, must work on it, must work on it...) but I'm still suffering from post-Japan blues. So it's no surprise that I've been stalking all things Japanese, not least the Japanese snack sections of Japanese/asian supermarkets.

And oooooh how good is Meiji Rich Maccha Chocolate! I've eaten this range many months before, but it's been a while since I saw the Maccha flavour on shelves. So, does it pass the awesome-Japanese-green-tea-snack test? The packaging is cute and pretty, though somewhat environmentally unfriendly. And the taste? Oh so good, soooo good. I caught a whiff of maccha when I opened the wrapper. Promising. The chocolate starts to melt as soon as you hold it. It's totally creamy and the maccha taste is indeed rich. It passes the test with flying colours as I start reminiscing again. Oh Japan... how I miss you!

Now this is a pack-a-day habit I'd willingly take up..

It looks the same as the photo on the box! How often does that happen aye..

What: Meiji Rich Maccha Chocolate
Where: I got this at asian supermarket Citi Super, it's likely to be at other asian shops
How much: $4.65 for six little sticks

3 comments:

  1. I bought their lemon flavour when I was last in Japan, it is so yum. Love the shape of the little thin bars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jack! Haha now I know why you want to make Matcha Nama Choco! :-) This one is good one, I like it a lot too. I love matcha and azuki in Japanese sweets. I enjoyed browsing your site. It's nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, I added link to this post in my blog. I just wrote about Rich matcha chocolate (but bar version) and I wrote there are also stick ones with this link. I hope you don't mind.
    link to my post: http://wunorei.blogspot.com/2012/08/meiji-rich-matcha-chocolate.html

    Love your blog, i'm hungry when I'm reading about all these yummies <3 Greetings from Poland! :)

    ReplyDelete