February 8, 2011

Achacha Thirst Quencher

In my earlier post about Achacha fruit, I had mentioned the Achacha Thirst Quencher. The recipe had been printed on the side of the bag that the fruit was sold in. It mentions that in Bolivia, the drink is used as a thirst quencher and hunger suppressant. Hunger suppressant? Now that's intriguing - is there anything that can suppress MY hunger? The instructions are simple enough and can be found on the Achacha website. All I had to do was wash some Achacha skins and soak them in water, leaving them in the fridge overnight. The next day, strain the liquid and add some sweetener (in this case I chose honey), then it's ready to drink. It was very refreshing indeed with a slightly tart, floral taste. The addition of the honey gives it just the right amount of sweetness to offset the tang. If you do eat some achacha, it's worthwhile trying this drink as well. Did it suppress my hunger? Not really. But then again I did only make one glass, maybe I need to have a few more glasses next time...

Just add water! And some honey too.
What: Achacha Thirst Quencher
Where: Get the recipe here
How much: The fruit skins won't cost you anything, all you need is some sugar or honey

No comments:

Post a Comment